2019 Toyota Highlander Performance and FeaturesOct 22nd, 2019
The 2019 Toyota Highlander is a comfortable three-row family SUV that has everything you want. Yes, we said it.
- Performance: The 3.5-litre V6 engine under the hood gives families all the power they need with 295 horsepower and 263 lb.-ft. of solid torque.
- Safety: Keep the whole family safe with standard Toyota Safety Sense, which includes automatic high beams, lane-keeping assist, and forward-collision warning with automatic emergency braking.
- Space: Toyota designed the inside of the Highlander with families in mind. There are dozens of small-item storage spaces and a roomy trunk for bigger items.
- Features: We’re not kidding when we say the Highlander is jammed with handy features and new technology. Five USB ports, Adaptive Cruise Control, Dual-Zone Climate Control, and Bluetooth are just some of the many treats that are available.
- Drive: It takes just seconds inside to realize the Highlander it isn’t your average family hauler. It’s easy to maneuver and delivers a smooth driving performance while still packing enough punch to tow a trailer or boat.
Shopping for a 2019 Highlander? Not only will we beat any competitors offer, but we’ll also give you free oil changes for life as long as you stick to Toyota’s mandated service schedule.
The 2019 Toyota Highlander LE comes with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that delivers 185 horsepower and184 pound-feet of torque. All other trims come with a 3.5-liter V6, putting out 295 horsepower and 263 lb.-ft. of torque. Optional all-wheel drive can be added to the V6.
The Highlander towing capacity depends on which engine you choose.
- 2.7L Engine: The Highlander can tow up to 1,500 pounds with the standard 4-cylinder engine found on the LE trim.
- 3.5L V6 Engine: This simple upgrade gives you that much more power, boosting the maximum towing capacity to 5,000 pounds.
Every Highlander comes with Toyota Safety Sense, Toyota’s industry-first suite of safety technologies. In addition to a backup camera and a rear-seat seatbelt warning system, advanced features like blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert and the bird’s eye view monitor parking assist are also available.
With the Highlander, you’ve got room for days. You can seat seven or eight passengers easily in this spacious Toyota SUV and no need to worry about their things, either. With 390 litres of dedicated cargo space behind the rear seats and convenient cubbies for small-goods, the Highlander’s clever interior design makes room for everything you need. Flip the rear seats down and gain even more space – 2,370 litres of it to be exact.
Standard Highlander features include 18-inch alloy wheels, a windshield wiper de-icer, heated mirrors, and a rearview camera and rear air conditioning for the kids. A height-adjustable driver’s seat, a sliding and reclining 60/40-split second-row seat, and a reclining 60/40-split third-row seat make up the interior. In terms of technology, a 6.1-inch touchscreen, five USB ports, and Bluetooth functionally are included on every trim.
The Limited is our favourite model adding the highest level of amenities including LED running lights, 19-inch wheels, rear parking sensors, and heated and ventilated front seats (which, trust us, we’ll make any road trip ten times more enjoyable). Finally, enjoy simple luxuries like a drivers-seat complete with memory settings so you can stop constantly adjusting your seat when you hop in.
The Highlander offers buyers a smooth drive with responsive handling and braking. Navigating Edmonton streets can be challenging (ahem, we’re looking at you, potholes). That’s why we love how much ground clearance the Highlander offers at 8 inches. While this means more for off-road adventures, it’s nice to have the wiggle room in the city.
The seats are comfy, too. Customers often praise their cushy support on the back. Plus, with climate control options that give everyone a say and a quiet engine, all passengers enjoy a comfortable drive, regardless of where they’re sitting.
2019 Highlander in Edmonton
Toyota designed the Highlander with your family in mind. Long road trips, family outings and even small trips to school are easier in the Highlander. Mayfield Toyota has dozens of Highlander models in all trims, packages, and colours.
Shopping for a Highlander in Edmonton, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Grand Prairie, and beyond? Look no further than Mayfield Toyota. Receive Free Oil Changes for Life and experience the highest quality customer service in Alberta.
Our knowledgable Product Advisors can walk you through all the features and new technology inside the Highlander. Experience the performance for yourself on a test drive. Every option is available to you Mayfield Toyota.